Power & Source of Big Ideas

M1 1st Experience :(

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Well I know that its a brand new machine, so, I'm honestly not expecting it to work right away, but my first experience is disappointing...
Can I point something out, not everyone is a Linux guru.. I'm a professional games developer, so I have worked with odd OS's but I've never ever touched Linux, and still do my best to avoid it.I literally know nothing about how to use it, so explanations need to be very clear and valid.
I use these machines purely to test their graphical and processing power and provide myself and students with a constrained development environment.

So all I really need the machines to do is boot, provide me with an IP and SSH access....I can only boot...sometimes

I noted my issues in my blog.

http://tinymonstersplayinggames.blogspot.nl/2016/03/nano-pi-m1.html

Since its a very small community still, I know it might take a while to get the bugs out, but I'd really appreciate it if the dev team could give me info on the login passwords, and resolve the wired and wifi network issues I am having, then I can make use of it.

It is, an exciting little machine, so I really hope we can iron these teething problems out and get more people using what has to be the cheapest quad core out there.
I got a little further, this time using an 8G card I was able to follow instructions http://gleenders.blogspot.nl/2014/08/banana-pi-resizing-sd-card-root.html on how to resize...attempts to do this with 16G and 32G cards simply failed to write..

it is now resized...I have SSH access and my wifi was able to save passwords, though not actually connect to my network.

small steps though...small steps.!
Hi Brian,

Sorry I cannot open your blog. Would you please give us more details about the issues you still have with the M1 now?
I've resolve most of them now, mainly a lack of information.