Power & Source of Big Ideas

What after compile kernel and u-boot?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hallo,

I made everything from NanoPi 2 wiki to compile kernel and u-boot (Make Your Own OS Image). What's next? How to prepare SD card and save them to card? Which things should be on a card?

Regards
+1
Open this link:
http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index. ... ted_Kernel
and search for "Generate Your boot.img"

This section works for all 4418 based boards including the NanoPi 2
Sorry, i read and see " If you want to generate an image file that can be flashed to eMMC you need to generate a boot.img file and copy it to your installation SD card". Maybe it only with some nanopi boot with eMMC? What's about nanopi fire2, it boot from sdcard? what must we do to add my new image? I replaced it in boot section, but nothing changed. Can you help me for detail, thanks very much.
ngoctuan_sqtt wrote:
Sorry, i read and see " If you want to generate an image file that can be flashed to eMMC you need to generate a boot.img file and copy it to your installation SD card". Maybe it only with some nanopi boot with eMMC? What's about nanopi fire2, it boot from sdcard? what must we do to add my new image? I replaced it in boot section, but nothing changed. Can you help me for detail, thanks very much.

Hi,
Update the kernel file in SD card
If you use an SD card to boot Android you can copy your generated uImage file to your SD card's boot section(e.g. section 1 /dev/sdX1).
If you use an SD card to Debian and you generated a uImage for an HDMI monitor you can use that uImage to replace the uImage.hdmi file in the SD card's boot section. If you use an SD card to Debian and you generated a uImage for an LCD you can use that uImage to replace the uImage file in the SD card's boot section.

thank you!