Power & Source of Big Ideas

Screen resolution

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi, sorry for all the questions, perhaps you should add them to your wiki?

How do I change the screen res on the Debian build, I have 720p and I want 1080p
Are there any OpenGLES2.0 libs installed on the M1/M2/Pi2?
What is the SSH passwords for connecting with VisualGDB NanoPi2/fa does not work

Hope to see the answers soon, as I'm excited to be doing some work on these little beauties once I get them set up.I do realise that they are new and not well supported but thats fine..so long as I can get connected up and set the res, I'll be quite happy
Really sorry for this. We are really behind. We will update our wiki for M1 soon.

The M1's Debian image defaults to 1080P60. The boot section's script directory has multiple script.bin files for various resolutions. For example if you need 720P60 please do it this way:

# in TF card boot partition
cp script/script-720p-60.bin ./script.bin
thanks, the M1 does boot to 1080p but the Pi2 and M2 boot to 720p I will try to change it now.

What are the passwords for Debian, it seems to be root/fa can you confirm?
To come back to this, I hope you're not as busy now, but I know you have new machine coming out.

according to the Wiki... for the NanoPi2 to alter the resolution I have to do this

When the system boots our uboot will check whether it is connected to an LCD or an HDMI monitor. If it recognizes an LCD it will configure its resolution. Our uboot defaults to the HDMI 720P configuration.
If you want to modify the LCD resolution you can modify file "arch/arm/plat-s5p4418/nanopi2/lcds.c" in the kernel and recompile it.
If your NanoPi 2 connects an HDMI monitor and it runs Android it will automatically set the resolution to an appropriate HDMI mode by checking the "EDID". If your NanoPi 2 connects an HDMI monitor and it runs Debian by default it will set the resolution to HDMI 720P. If you want to modify the resolution to 1080P modify your kernel's configuration as explained above

I do not know how, and don't really want to recompile the kernel, but I do want my NanoPi2 to boot Debian in 1080p mode...is there a simple way to do that?
Sorry we don't have a simpler way to do that . You have to recompile the kernel if you want to change the resolution to one other than 720P
hmm since I don't actually use Linux, I really don't have any understanding how to do this....also I am deliberately trying to use only versions of Debian supplied by board makers for my project.

Is it possible you can supply an image with a higher res ?
Brian Beuken wrote:
Hi, sorry for all the questions, perhaps you should add them to your wiki?

How do I change the screen res on the Debian build, I have 720p and I want 1080p
Are there any OpenGLES2.0 libs installed on the M1/M2/Pi2?
What is the SSH passwords for connecting with VisualGDB NanoPi2/fa does not work

Hope to see the answers soon, as I'm excited to be doing some work on these little beauties once I get them set up.I do realise that they are new and not well supported but thats fine..so long as I can get connected up and set the res, I'll be quite happy

Hi,
If you want to generate a kernel for HDMI 1080P you can do it this way:

touch .scmversion
make nanopi3_linux_defconfig
make menuconfig
Device Drivers -->
Graphics support -->
Nexell Graphics -->
[ ] LCD
[*] HDMI
(0) Display In [0=Display 0, 1=Display 1]
Resolution (1920 * 1080p) --->
make uImageAfter your compilation succeeds a uImage will be generated for HDMI 1080P. You can use it to replace the existing uImage.

Now the board also supports hardwired decode .Debian/Ubuntu Core has integrated the open player NxPlayerConsole, you need to use with LCD. Ubuntu Core integrated OpenGL test example gltest1.

thank you!
I have a nanopi M3 and a nanopi2 Fire and i have the same problem with both.
I'm not able to set the 1080p resolution.
I tried to do as you posted but something doesn't go right.
for example with nanopi M3 and Dabian:
in Debian I open the root terminal and i enter as a root.
then I go in the root directory with the cd command and then i type:
touch .scmversion
but nothing seems to happen.
anyway then i type
make nanopi3_linux_defconfig
but appear the following message:
make: *** no rule to make target ‘nanopi3_linux_defconfig’. Stop.

I’m not expert in Linux
so, please, help me explaining step by step.
Thanks