Power & Source of Big Ideas

Resizing SD Debian

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Could you please provide a walk through on how to resize the partition on the M1 image I found on Media Fire

There is no info on the M1 Wiki page, and the walk through described on the M2 wiki process DOES NOT WORK!

I realize that the unit is very new, and accept some stumbles to begin with, but please try to ensure that new users are given correct start up processes that match the wiki
I used my NanoPi 2nd card slot to insert sd card I want to resize, then on linux

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gparted

run gparted and through the graphical interface drag to use up all unallocated memory.
Easy
Thanks, but the M1 only has one slot. Ah but I see what you mean, use my Pi2 to create the M1's disk..yes that could be clever.

I managed to find a walk through on line, which finally got the drive re sized and solved some issues. Would still like to have some details on passwords for each of the images, and assistance on the WiFi Connections.
Try these steps on the M1, actually it is the same as M2. You need to do it on a host PC:

sudo umount /dev/sdx?
sudo parted /dev/sdx unit % resizepart 2 100 unit MB print
sudo resize2fs -f /dev/sdx2

you need to replace "/dev/sdx" with the device name in your system
yes I manged, but as a non Linux user I was initially quite confused by what I should replace sdx with :D

Its all good now that, my M1. Pi2 and M2 are all running fine. I am finding the Debian to be ok, though missing libraries for GDB and OpenGLES2, I was able to locate them though.
Brian Beuken wrote:
Could you please provide a walk through on how to resize the partition on the M1 image I found on Media Fire

There is no info on the M1 Wiki page, and the walk through described on the M2 wiki process DOES NOT WORK!

I realize that the unit is very new, and accept some stumbles to begin with, but please try to ensure that new users are given correct start up processes that match the wiki

Hi,
When Debian/Ubuntu is loaded the TF card's section will be automatically extended.
When Android is loaded you need to run the following commands on your host PC to extend your TF card's section:
sudo umount /dev/sdx?
sudo parted /dev/sdx unit % resizepart 4 100 resizepart 7 100 unit MB print
sudo resize2fs -f /dev/sdx7
(Note: you need to replace "/dev/sdx" with the device name in your system)

thank you!