Power & Source of Big Ideas

Any example how to use the camera CAM500A with Debian?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,
the Android image works fine with the camera, but for Debian the wiki does not provide any usefull info (yet, I can add it after it works). Wiki only talks about a USB camera.

In dmesg I see the probe for the the ov5640 driver gets called and there are many /dev/videoX (X= 4..10), also quite some V4L2 subdevices.
None of the videoX looks like the camera though. I tried many camera apps and all videoX devices. None works.

(I could check how Android does it if only the adb would work - see my other post).
Unfortunately we haven't tested the driver under Debian for CAM500A. We already compiled the CAM500A driver into our latest Debian kernel but haven't had time to do enough tests.
Thanks,
I am working on a solution right now.
With the tool mediactl I created a png file with graphics. (attached)

The /dev/video4 should be the right one (and /dev/v4l-subdev2). But they wont work until mediactl does actually connect them.

After created the medictl script I will post it here (or better to wiki?).

Attachments

FATechsupport wrote:
Unfortunately we haven't tested the driver under Debian for CAM500A. We already compiled the CAM500A driver into our latest Debian kernel but haven't had time to do enough tests.

Hi,

did you have time to do the tests ?
jon43 wrote:
FATechsupport wrote:

Hi,

did you have time to do the tests ?

Hello,
FriendlyARM team are working hard to support CAM500A with Debian, you can wait some times ,and they will update Debian ROM as soon as they support it .

thanks
Hi Dieter,

Would you please teach me how to create /dev/video0 or other index that works with gstreamer, ffmpeg, cvlc, etc. I've studied for a long time but still can't figure it out.

Thanks a lot.