Power & Source of Big Ideas

Android Reboot Loop with 7" LCD attached

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,

I'm having trouble flashing a working Android image on my Nanopi2 with 7"LCD

I flashed the newest image on GDrive using dd. When I boot the nanopi2 I see the friendlyarm logo flash on and off on my 7" LCD. Watching over serial I don't see a crash in the kernel, I just see it suddenly go back to the uboot prompt then start booting the kernel again.
Answering my own question incase it helps others.

The problem was that the provided power supply isn't sufficient to power the LCD and board at the same time. I replaced with my RPi3 power supply and all is well.
A stable 5V/2A power supply is a must.
I would just expect FriendlyArm to have included one with the nanopi2/lcd combo I purchased. The one I received wasn't. Just an FYI to anyone else who purchases the NanoPi2/LCD/Power supply package.
hi all,
i have bought NanoPi2 and NanoPi2 Fire
i'm using this PSU power supply : http://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=73&product_id=127

for NanoPi2 :
if i plug in to micro USB socket, reboot loop is happened
but if i plug in to power pins from GPIO (VCC & GND), it's boot normally and running well.

for NanoPi2 Fire:
if i plug in to micro USB socket, just once boot shown FriendlyARM logo only and then the LCD is blank and 2 LED on the board is off.
same case for plug in to power pins.

i'm using this image for both board :s5p4418-android-sd4g-20160629.img

any solution?
sorry for my English :)
thanks
Hello.
I have the same problem with a nanopi2 fire. I am using a power supply with 3 A of maximum output current. In attachment you can find the boot log. Can you check it ?

Attachments

kconger wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble flashing a working Android image on my Nanopi2 with 7"LCD

I flashed the newest image on GDrive using dd. When I boot the nanopi2 I see the friendlyarm logo flash on and off on my 7" LCD. .

A stable 5V/2A power supply is a must. ;) ;)