Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPi S2 Android pre-rooted image

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Dear Friendlyarm,

I do need to run software which requires root access.

Will you provide a rooted Android 5.1 image eventually?

How to root the device using the existing Android images?

BR from Germany
Hi,
Android 5 after the authority to control the beginning of the strict, 5.1.1 to 6 seems to be the application of the rights management plus, you have to ask Android official friends, we have no way "
Android 5.1.1 default enabled serial port login (shell user) and adb root privileges, for the application (apk) root, you need to use the third party root tool, you may need to use the third party su to replace the system comes with Su (/ system / xbin / su)

1) serial port is su after root, adb login is root;
2) change Android, modify or replace su;
3) change the kernel, add a back door;
Thanks!
Hello, I would also be interested in have root access,I suppose any developer who uses this type of board needs access to be able to use the full functionality in android.
I would like you to recommend me some kind of third party tool to be able to do this, or some kind of guide that facilitates the task
Best Regards.
Hi,

I´ve successfully testet this:
https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-root-android-5.0-5.1-lollipop-with-root-apk.htm

Be careful tu uncheck "install recommended apps" and then you should be good to go.

It installs su in /system/xbin/.

Tested it with ES File Explorer (Root explorer) and with SSH droid.

BR
Thank you! It works well with Android 4.4 also