Power & Source of Big Ideas

microUSB port

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Under Hardware Features:

microUSB x1: for power and data transmission. It can be configured as a serial port or Ethernet

Where is this feature configureable?

Thanks,
davef
Hi davef,

Yes it is configurable however it is not ready yet. We are working on it and wish to release this feature on our wiki site in about one month.
If you compile the kernel with gadgetfs and configfs enabled you can flexibly configure the ethernet, serial, and mass-storage gadgets (amongst others) - could this maybe become part of the official build & config instead of using a custom Friendly ARM gadget?
GothAck,

Thanks for the hints to enabling this port. I might have to investigate.

FATech support,

I want to talk to some Teensy boards via USB. In my previous system, using the Pengutronix mini2440 BSP, USB MODEM (CDC ACM) support was enabled in the kernel.

Looking at make menuconfig in linux-4.x.y I see:

USB Gadget Support
USB Gadget Drivers (FriendlyARM Gadget)
[x] FriendARM Gadget

I understand that the ability to switch between the the serial and ethernet functions was on your ToDo list.

Could you either tell me what needs to be done to finish this or should I just tick:

Serial Gadget (with CDC ACM and CDC OBEX support)

Also, it is there any functionality enabled on the microUSB connector, at present?

Thanks,
davef
Sorry, just realised that:

USB Modem (CDC ACM) support is still in menuconfig, see:

Code: Select all

USB support
-> *** USB Device Class driver***
-> -> USB Modem (CDC ACM) support