Power & Source of Big Ideas

Flashing custom rootfs and Matrix kernel problem ...

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I am trying to use the framework in sd-fuse_nanopi/prebuilt to make another SD card. As in a previous posting viewtopic.php?f=39&t=81 I have a custom rootfs.tgz file that I am trying to use with the Matrix kernel.

I even tried splitting the rootfs file up like the original example in sd-fuse_nanopi/prebilt. When I flash this custom rootfs and matrix-kernel to the card I get a kernel panic because it doesn't seem to be able to init the rootfs. I even tried adding a rootwait to bootargs thinking that my larger rootfs might be the issue.

I am able to change the zImage in sd-fuse_nanopi for the generated by the Matrix build, successfully.

Before I spend another 8 hours re-generating my rootfs does anyone know how to get the new rootfs and kernel onto the NanoPi, using .fusing.sh.

Or, maybe there is a way to just swap kernels.

Ah, an observation ... after flashing the microSD card I have one folder called NANOPI and another one called NANOPI1, both with the same contents. Perhaps on booting the system init doesn't know which rootfs to use.

Thank you,
Dan Truong
Ah, an observation ... after flashing the microSD card I have one folder called NANOPI and another one called NANOPI1, both with the same contents. Perhaps on booting the system init doesn't know which rootfs to use.

When I was playing with Matrix on the original NanoPi I had something similar happen. Mine ended up in a sub-folder and I had to move the contents of the sub-folder into the top folder and delete the sub-folder.

I never had to go through any "split" process. Are you using a big enough SD card?