Power & Source of Big Ideas

Mini2451 Serial Console

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I've been developing on the Mini2440 for the past few years and recently started on the Mini2451.
On the Mini2440 the kernel messages was output on the serial port. On the Mini2451 there are no kernel messages on the serial port.

How do I enable the serial console?

I've set it in the boot options: Linux-CommandLine = root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=yaffs2 init=/linuxrc console=ttySAC0,115200 vt.global_cursor_default=0

And also added it to the kernel configuration in boot options. But still no output.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone got any ideas?
Hi bluescape,

Long time no hear. Don't work on the FA stuff any more so don't check-in very often.

What distro are you running on the Mini2451? I used the process as described on the Armworks site.

To your problem ... the only thing I can suggest is checking the attributes at /dev/ttySAC0

I ran an LCD on mine with the following bootargs:

Code: Select all

root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 init=/sbin/init console=ttySAC0,115200 lcd=S70

Good luck.

davef
bluscape wrote:
I've been developing on the Mini2440 for the past few years and recently started on the Mini2451.
On the Mini2440 the kernel messages was output on the serial port. On the Mini2451 there are no kernel messages on the serial port.

How do I enable the serial console?

I've set it in the boot options: Linux-CommandLine = root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=yaffs2 init=/linuxrc wordle websiteconsole=ttySAC0,115200 vt.global_cursor_default=0 io games

And also added it to the kernel configuration in boot options. But still no output.

Thanks in advance.

The serial console is disabled by default on the ESP8266 module. You can enable it by setting the SYS_CONFIG_SIZ variable. You can also set it in the Arduino preferences. The default value is 0, meaning that serial debugging is disabled.