Power & Source of Big Ideas

16.04 Lubuntu completely unstable

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,

I'm New under Lubuntu and Nano PC-T3 Plus. I never used Linux before.

So, I followed the wiki page of the nano pc t3 plus http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPC-T3_Plus because android was installed by default, so I tried to flash Lubuntu with eFlasher with this file : s5p6818-eflasher-20180416-lubuntu-desktop.img.zip

And write it with win32diskimanager.

So after the boot into OS install, it goes directly to step 7/7 in install and after the reboot there was already a user session (pi) and after a quick overview, there are so many bugs and lags : unable to change language, update, keyboard disposition and so on (popup error window appeared) .

After each reboot there is a popup with"the system met a critical error (or something like that).

When launch the LX terminal in order to use grub for boot order, it asked the sudo password, and there is like a bug, I can't write something, nothing works.

I downloaded 18.04 version of lubuntu and write it with rufus and unetbootin but even by using the boot button, nothin happened, unable to select boot roder or to boot directly on sd card with files.

Is there a way to make a clean install os Lubuntu (16.04 or 18.04 directly if possible ?

I'm a noob in linux,, so try to explain me the need steps please.

Thanks in advance.
Ja56 wrote:
Hi,

I'm New under Lubuntu and Nano PC-T3 Plus. I never used Linux before.

So, I followed the wiki page of the nano pc t3 plus http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPC-T3_Plus because android was installed by default, so I tried to flash Lubuntu with eFlasher with this file : s5p6818-eflasher-20180416-lubuntu-desktop.img.zip

And write it with win32diskimanager.

So after the boot into OS install, it goes directly to step 7/7 in install and after the reboot there was already a user session (pi) and after a quick overview, there are so many bugs and lags : unable to change language, update, keyboard disposition and so on (popup error window appeared) .

After each reboot there is a popup with"the system met a critical error (or something like that).

When launch the LX terminal in order to use grub for boot order, it asked the sudo password, and there is like a bug, I can't write something, nothing works.

I downloaded 18.04 version of lubuntu and write it with rufus and unetbootin but even by using the boot button, nothin happened, unable to select boot roder or to boot directly on sd card with files.

Is there a way to make a clean install os Lubuntu (16.04 or 18.04 directly if possible ?

I'm a noob in linux,, so try to explain me the need steps please.

Thanks in advance.

Try this way: https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-t3-plus/ Make sure you read the text below and general how-to-start. There are still some minor issues.