Hello,

I am working with a Nanopi Fire3 with the s5p6818 chip. I do not intend to run linux (but have verified operation of my board by booting linux from and SD card). What I want to do is to set up U-Boot for network booting. Ulimately I intend to port a RTOS of my own to the board.

I have discovered though that the U-Boot provided for this board does not include networking. In fact it does not look like the U-Boot sources were ever set up to build with a network driver! I am busy trying to remedy this situation, working from a clone of the friendly arm u-boot github on the nanopi2-v2016.01 branch as instructed on the Wiki. I am somewhat of an old hand at U-Boot hacking, but no expert. I am able to rebuild U-Boot just fine and am starting to make some changes.

It looks like the designware.c network driver is appropriate for the s5p6818 and I am working towards getting U-Boot to build and include it, with whatever changes may be needed.

I am writing here for two reasons. One is to let people know what I am up to in case it is of interest to others. Also if anyone else has gone down this path already and I am wasting my effort, I want to find out as soon as possible.

Greetings to all on the forum!

Tom