Power & Source of Big Ideas

Sound out via HDMI?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Can someone tell me how to get the sound (for example from the transformers demo vid) out of the HDMI?

I can't find any settings on Debian to let me route the sound
Brian Beuken wrote:
Can someone tell me how to get the sound (for example from the transformers demo vid) out of the HDMI?

I can't find any settings on Debian to let me route the sound

Hello,
By default our Debian system's HDMI output doesn't have audio output. To enable the HDMI audio output you need to install the alsa packages
Firstly, make sure your board runs our latest Debian image and is connected to the internet:
After your board is powered up run the following commands:

apt-get update
apt-get install libasound2
apt-get install alsa-base
apt-get install alsa-utilsAfter the installation is done copy a ".wav" audio file to your NanoPi M3, connect your NanoPi M3 to an HDMI monitor and play it by using the following command:

aplay music.wavOur Debian system's default audio output is the 3.5mm audio jack. You can turn on the HDMI audio by editting the /etc/asound.conf file:

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 1
device 0
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 1
}card 0 points to the 3.5mm audio jack and card 1 points to the HDMI audio. You need to save your changes and reboot your system to make your changes take effect.
Thanks I will try this and let you know soon.