Power & Source of Big Ideas

Custom Resolution for Nanopi M3

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi FriendlyArm,

I have 2 monitors with native resolution of 1600 x 900 and 1366 x 768,
how to edit or sample code to change the resolution using hdmi 1600 x 900 and 1366 x 768 in "arch/arm/plat-s5p6818/nanopi3/lcds.c" ??

it is very important for me, and need your help asap ..
thanks ..
dayan wrote:
Hi FriendlyArm,

I have 2 monitors with native resolution of 1600 x 900 and 1366 x 768,
how to edit or sample code to change the resolution using hdmi 1600 x 900 and 1366 x 768 in "arch/arm/plat-s5p6818/nanopi3/lcds.c" ??

it is very important for me, and need your help asap ..
thanks ..

Hello,
What type interface of your monitors?First i want to know which interface of your monitors, so that i could help you .
jjm wrote:

Hello,
What type interface of your monitors?First i want to know which interface of your monitors, so that i could help you .

i have monitor lcd 19" 1600x900 pixel with vga/d-sub interface, so I used hdmi to vga cable,
Hello,
The kernel still doesn't support VGA driver,if you want to use VAG, you need to modify kernel and add VGA driver.
I have monitor1280x1024 with DVI input. Can I connect M3 to my monitor?( with changes in files) If not, then what type monitor (not LCD) I should use?
Vlado wrote:
I have monitor1280x1024 with DVI input. Can I connect M3 to my monitor?( with changes in files) If not, then what type monitor (not LCD) I should use?

Hi,
When the board doesn’t connect an LCD it can boot normally and output system messages to the serial port. However when it connects an HDMI monitor the monitor doesn’t display anything:
1. You can try connecting your board to a monitor with DVI interface with an HDMI to DVI cable

2. Please use a monitor which has an HDMI interface

thank you!