Power & Source of Big Ideas

GPIO - I2C - SPI - UART Support

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I have been struggling to find any support for GPIO on NanoPi Fire3 with S5P6818 SOC

My experiments have been in Python just trying to get basic access, but no luck so far. I have installed a few libraries, but have not found any success.

Is there any functional support for Friendly Elec devices or am I on my own? If it helps...I need thousands of units per year for my project. That cannot happen without some solid support.

Fingers crossed someone can point me in the right direction.....
Which OS?

Under Android I have GPIO and UART working very well.

What issues are you having?

If using Linux, have you tried to do CAT and ECHO to the GPIO device to see if it works?
I had the opportunity to try uart, i2c and gpio in Linux versions. But I only had problems with gpio. If you are going to use gpio for basic operations, you can use the sysfs technique. Otherwise, it seems very difficult to use existing libraries. I tried to configure some libraries but stopped messing around because there were too many files missing. If GPIO wants fast access, you can write and use your own kernel module.