Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPC-T3 a good board

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Good night!

I would like to leave a brief statement of my use with the NanoPC-T3.
I have had this board for about 3 years, I used it in some personal works, and I even posted some comparative evaluations in some forums that I visit.
In general, this card is very good, it does very well what it promises, even if it only has 1GB of RAM, I believe that if it had 2GB or 4GB of RAM it would be much better.
I even installed several games for my son to use, even with heavy emulators like PSP and Dreamcast, this card did not do badly, on the contrary, it did well, compared to other similar cards.
Today I use it as a centrality to watch some movies and series at my house.

Strong point:
- great processor
- Android 5 with play store
- good configuration of the operating system coming from the factory, which can be improved by the user.

Weak point:
- could have more RAM
- USB suffers to read a sternal HD with more than 100Gb
- Android 7 without play store

As soon as I started this story, I want to reinforce that the board is great, with good speed and performance.

Thanks to all the developers.
Hi there,

I too use the T3 Plus board but for commercial projects. I run Android 5.1 on the current designs but I also have 7.1 in development. It's not quite ready to use yet as issues with getting SELINUX to be in permissive mode on startup.

The boards are fitted to a motherboard via Samtec headers and I have RS232, RS485 and GPIO etc. I also have I2C for analog sensor inputs. I have a number of these out in the oil fields recording data from oil wells and transmitting the data to a remote server. I also have a LTE modem on the motherboard in a PCIE slot. They are super stable with Android 5.1.

I've developed a sunlight readable LCD that plugs into the T3 directly and provides 1024x600 resolution with 800 nits brightness, almost 3x the brightness of the HD702 I was using and same size cutout etc.

I also use the T4 for projects where more power is required. The only downside to the T4 is the lack of serial ports. The T3 has more than enough.

Attachments