Power & Source of Big Ideas

Issues with Graphics on the M3?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi
I know its not very common to do graphics programming with these boards but its something I like to do.

I was porting a Linux test demo to the M3 and no matter what I do I cannot seem to get EGL to initialize causing a total failure to gain graphics. There are no onboard OpenGLES2 drivers in the supplied debian iso, so I installed mesa but it is reporting software rasterising which suggests there is no access to the GPU on this board.

Is that correct? If so...what a crying shame.. The 8 cores are magnificently fast and easy to use, but the lack of GPU access makes it useless to anyone interested in graphics coding on it.
I checked to see if Armbian was available for it, which may have had drivers, but nothing.

Are there drivers for it? Now it appears to be discontinued, will there ever be?
We're working on this feature, sorry , you may have to wait for a bit.
Good to hear, but it has been out for some time do you have any idea of when? I cannot stress enought that, without graphics divers this board is painfully hampered, and it could be a class leader!