Power & Source of Big Ideas

[Uboot Fail] How to recovery uboot

Moderator: FATechsupport

Hi,
In my board, I can't bootup to uboot on Nano PC-T3 , so how to flashing new uboot or recovery bootloader?

Regards,
HuyLe
huyle wrote:
Hi,
In my board, I can't bootup to uboot on Nano PC-T3 , so how to flashing new uboot or recovery bootloader?

Regards,
HuyLe

Hello,
Tere are ways how to compile uboot and flash new uboot:
Compile U-Boot

Download the U-Boot source code and compile it. Note that the github's branch is nanopi2-lollipop-mr1:

git clone https://github.com/friendlyarm/uboot_nanopi2.git
cd uboot_nanopi2
git checkout nanopi2-lollipop-mr1
make s5p6818_nanopi3_config
make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-After your compilation succeeds a u-boot.bin will be generated. If you want to test it flash it to your installation SD card via fastboot. Here is how you can do it:
1) On your host PC run "sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot" to install the fastboot utility;
2) Connect your NanoPC-T3 to your host PC via a serial cable (e.g. PSU-ONECOME). Press the enter key within two seconds right after you power on your NanoPC-T3 and you will enter uboot's command line mode;
3) After type in "fastboot" and press "enter" you will enter the fastboot mode;
4) Connect your NanoPC-T3 to this host PC via a microUSB cable and type in the following command to flash u-boot.bin:

fastboot flash bootloader u-boot.bin
Warning: you cannot update this SD card by commanding "dd". This command will cause trouble when booting the NanoPC-T3.
Hi JJm,

Yes, I know. default source code in git compile and flashing to uboot is OK.
But I request in case uboot is fail, we doesn't excuting the cmdline fastboot in uboot, so how to recovery uboot ?

Regards,
HuyLe
Anymore ?

--Regards,
HuyLe
I make the procedure, but after this i reboot an only see this, no more, and fastboot not work again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Boot by Nexell Co. : Ver0.6.1 - Built on Oct 16 2015 13:42:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EMA VALUE : 001
12cpu 3 is not bringup, retry
Lock value = 155
GATE CYC = 0x00008421
GATE CODE = 0x5858545B
Read DQ = 0x08080808
Write DQ = 0x08080808
Loading from sdmmc...
Image Loading Done!
Launch to 0x42C00000
clondono wrote:
I make the procedure, but after this i reboot an only see this, no more, and fastboot not work again

Lock value = 155
GATE CYC = 0x00008421
GATE CODE = 0x5858545B
Read DQ = 0x08080808
Write DQ = 0x08080808
Loading from sdmmc...
Image Loading Done!
Launch to 0x42C00000

Oh, fastboot not working for you, so mean can you not boot up to OS ? if ok, how to make uboot working?
HI

I follow the process for compile and update u-Boot in link http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index. ... ile_U-Boot, it works fine; after performing the process, the system did not boot properly and does not boot with SD the only thing it does in sending the RS232 port debugging the message:

Lock value = 155
GATE CYC = 0x00008421
GATE CODE = 0x5858545B
Read DQ = 0x08080808
Write DQ = 0x08080808
Loading from sdmmc...
Image Loading Done!
Launch to 0x42C00000

And then stop the boot process

I need to re-write the eMMC again with any tool, because the process falil with fastboot (in linux terminal) because the boot process (in NanoPC) don't star the promt to execute commands

Thanks