Power & Source of Big Ideas

Mali 400 kernel module

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Dear team,

Could you point me a link where I can compile the Mali 400 kernel modules and driver ?
I am not sure, but the mali driver seems not to be builtin in the debian image.

Best regards,

Nikos
I was just about to ask the same thing. As far i'm aware there is a driver enabled in the Debian build. BUT i'm having egl errors and missing Mali under modprobe so we need to add mali to the kernel. I looked in the kernel setup via the wiki but they only offer the Mali T6XX, Has anyone been able to add the Mali 400mp build into the kernel? If so i'd love to know how or even a 1080/720 uImage to use on my current setup. Thanks in advance for any info/help.
I have the Mali drivers but can't figure out how to proberly import them into the build process.

Mali drivers: http://malideveloper.arm.com/resources/previous-releases/open-source-mali-gpus-linux-kernel-device-drivers-previous-releases/

And i'm using the kernel source from here friendlyarm.

Kernel source: https://github.com/friendlyarm/linux-3.4.y

I'm attempting to import the mali into the build uimage (on my x64 machine), I can build kernels for different resolutions just can't seem to figure out what i'm doing with this mali :P.

It's probably something super easy but it's just outside of my knowledge. Thanks again and anymore info would be great.
Hi kicker,

Did you succeed in integrate Mali 400 driver to Kernel 3.4.y ?
I need it for my application.
Franck.mh wrote:
Hi kicker,

I need it for my application.

Works with viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1203
Thanks Igorp,

I have a T3+ too. I hope that the eMMC installation will be supported in futur version :D
Franck.mh wrote:
Hi kicker,

I need it for my Vidmate iTunes Notepad++ application.

I am not sure, but the mali driver seems not to be builtin in the debian image.