Power & Source of Big Ideas

OPENGL

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi everybody.
Does anybody know whether the "opengl" can be installed on NanoPi M3's debian or not?
I have searched a lot and follow several links, but without any success.
Any suggestion would highly appreciated.
No, these machines are not capable of running native OpenGL, they are designed around a more restricted but still quite functional version called OpenGLES2.0

Sadly though at the moment the drivers are not available on the current builds on the M3/T3, there may be some acceleration built into the current version of Debian, but its not been exposed to users, (you would see a GLES2 and EGL directory in usr/include

I'm sure a some point someone will manage to work out how to add the drivers.
If you are asking becuase you are interested in coding, there is a work around, using the mesa 3D libs , do an update/upgrade then try this

sudo apt-get install libgles2-mesa-dev

This will allow programs you create to function, but it will be using mostly emulated functions and will be quite slow.
When the real drivers do come on line though you should see a big increase in performance.

If your interest is just to see a faster version of Debian..well we have to wait for smarter people to do that.
Brian Beuken wrote:
No, these machines are not capable of running native OpenGL, they are designed around a more restricted but still quite functional version called OpenGLES2.0

Sadly though at the moment the drivers are not available on the current builds on the M3/T3, there may be some acceleration built into the current version of Debian, but its not been exposed to users, (you would see a GLES2 and EGL directory in usr/include

I'm sure a some point someone will manage to work out how to add the drivers.
If you are asking becuase you are interested in coding, there is a work around, using the mesa 3D libs , do an update/upgrade then try this

sudo apt-get install libgles2-mesa-dev

This will allow programs you create to function, but it will be using mostly emulated functions and will be quite slow.
When the real drivers do come on line though you should see a big increase in performance.

If your interest is just to see a faster version of Debian..well we have to wait for smarter people to do that.

Hi dear Beuken,
Thanks a lot for your informative response.
By OpenGL actually i meant the OpenGLES2.0, as you said.
I have installed the libgles2-mesa-dev, however, as you said, it is really slow.
My question is when the "real drivers" do come? is someone working on them? who are responsible to make this a reality? the chip manufacturer, the friendlyarm company or ...? can we hope that in near future this will work or it is just a never-reached hope?
Hi,
The Debian and UbuntuCore system both are integrated open hardware decoding player NxPlayerConsole, need to connect LCD to use .But the original factory does not provide the source code;
Ubuntu Core integrated OpenGL test code gltest1, it is open source.