Power & Source of Big Ideas

SD card fails to be detected

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I used the latest SDflasher to programme the emmc of the Nano PC T3 Plus with my custom Android build which has been working for a couple of years now.

The latest boards I received from FA did not detect the SD card.

I found today that when I try to mount them, the following error appears on the debug output.

Code: Select all

I/Vold    (  133): /dev/block/vold/179:25 being considered for volume sdcard1
D/Vold    (  133): Volume sdcard1 state changing 1 (Idle-Unmounted) -> 3 (Checking)
D/MountService(  428): volume state changed for /storage/sdcard1 (unmounted -> checking)
D/MountService(  428): sendStorageIntent Intent { act=android.intent.action.MEDIA_CHECKING dat=file:///storage/sdcard1 flg=0x4000000 (has extras) } to UserHandle{-1}
I/ValidateNoPeople(  428): skipping global notification
E/Vold    (  133): None or unknown filesystem on /dev/block/vold/179:25
I/fsck_msdos(  133): ** /dev/block/vold/179:25
I/fsck_msdos(  133): exFAT filesystem is not supported.
I/fsck_msdos(  133): fsck_msdos terminated by exit(8)
E/Vold    (  133): Filesystem check failed (unknown exit code 8)
E/Vold    (  133): /dev/block/vold/179:25 failed FS checks (I/O error)
D/Vold    (  133): Volume sdcard1 state changing 3 (Checking) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)
W/Vold    (  133): Returning OperationFailed - no handler for errno 0
D/MountService(  428): volume state changed for /storage/sdcard1 (checking -> unmounted)
D/MountService(  428): sendStorageIntent Intent { act=android.intent.action.MEDIA_UNMOUNTED dat=file:///storage/sdcard1 flg=0x4000000 (has extras) } to UserHandle{-1}
D/ExternalStorage( 2810): After updating volumes, found 1 active roots
I/MemorySettings( 2727): Received storage state changed notification that /storage/sdcard1 changed state from unmounted to checking
D/MediaScannerReceiver( 1209): action: android.intent.action.MEDIA_UNMOUNTED path: /storage/sdcard1
I/MemorySettings( 2727): Received storage state changed notification that /storage/sdcard1 changed state from checking to unmounted
D/StorageMeasurement( 2727): getDirectorySize(/storage/emulated/0) returned 217088
D/StorageMeasurement( 2727): getDirectorySize(/storage/emulated/0) returned 217088

It seems to be related for the format used for the SD Card for the latest SDFlasher that comes with Android 7.0 but I used Android 5.1

It appears that there is a format on the SD card that Android 5.1 does not recognise. I can't find any reference to exFAT in the Kernel although there is an NTFS driver but not currently included as part of the build.

Any clues how to build exFAT into the 3.4 Linux kernel or am I stuck for the time being with the older SD Flasher?
Turns out that the latest SD card format uses exfat for the eflasher and although this can be used to flash Android 5.1 to the emmc, it can't be detected by Android.

Installing an SD card with fat32 format works fine.