Power & Source of Big Ideas

GPRS support

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Is there any RIL included with the Android build to support a 3G modem plugged into the M3?

I've tried to plug in a 3G modem based on a SIMCOM module but nothing gets detected.

I will connect up the debug UART today as a quick check to see what this shows but just wondered if the RIL was actually implemented?

I am busy downloading the source as I have a custom RIL I used on some older boards running Kitkat.
BUMP.

I've rebuilt the OS to include the Phone XML files but it still does not recognise the modem.

Has anyone been able to include GSM support into any of the Android 5.1 builds? It is critical that I can get data communications support with this Android build.
I have received a RIL from SIMCOM and I am using a SIM5320E module and I have partial phone integration now. I can see the phone settings and icons. I still have some errors to resolve.

I can send and receive SMS but I still see NO SIM CARD being displayed and there is no GPRS support. I am in touch with SIMCOM to get a working solution. When it all works, I'll update my blog and post a link here if anyone else wants to get GPRS and SMS messaging working.