Power & Source of Big Ideas

Flash image to eMMC Wiki Not clear

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

In the wiki for the NanoPi NEO Air, it talk about how to flash the image to the eMMC. That part is clear.
Where it does not make any sense to me is you can only download the file which has the "flasher" in the name such as
nanopi-neo-air_eflasher_3.4.y_YYYYMMDD.img.zip
or
nanopi-neo-air_eflasher_4.x.y_YYYYMMDD.img.zip

IF you go to the download section there is nanopi-neo-air_debian-nas-jessie_4.11.2_20171102.img.zip

There is no "flasher" for this, so how does one put this image into eMMC ?
mikemoy wrote:
IF you go to the download section there is nanopi-neo-air_debian-nas-jessie_4.11.2_20171102.img.zip
There is no "flasher" for this, so how does one put this image into eMMC ?

Maybe you could boot from MicroSD, mounting a USB-Stick which has the nas.img on it and do a dd
to the eMMC-device?

I did this on a Ordoid C2 and it did work, but I dont know if it would work on a Neo Air.
I I tried this, but on reboot there was an issue with disk size.
mikemoy wrote:
I I tried this, but on reboot there was an issue with disk size.

issue? Filesystem to small?
Did you try to resize it?
http://www.friendlyarm.net/forum/topic/6504
Download Image Files
Get the following files from here [1] to download image files and the flashing utility:

You can find above text, just before all OS is listed in a table, at NanoPi neo air wiki page. This statement have a link. It will redirect you to another page, and select google drive --> official ROMs

Here you can find eflasher images. Hope this will help you out.