Power & Source of Big Ideas

Does NanoHat OLED use USB pins?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I plan to solder two additional USB devices to the NanoPi Neo2 board via the underside of the unused USB port pins (1-5 on the single-row pins?). This will work if those pins aren’t being useful by the NanoHat OLED, which will be connected to the board by the two sets of pins (single-row and double-row).

Does the NanoHat OLED use the USB pins?

I could solder to the external USB port infernally, but I would rather use the two unused USB ports/wires (if they indeed are unused).

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
ElderOfPsion wrote:
USB port pins (1-5 on the single-row pins?)
This will work if those pins aren’t being useful by the NanoHat OLED, which will be connected to the board by the two sets of pins (single-row and double-row).
Does the NanoHat OLED use the USB pins?
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

You should have no problem - the Wiki http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoHat_OLED
for the OLED-Hat does say:

Only GND and 5V on the 12-Pin land are connected and the rest pins are open.
For more details on the 12-Pin connector refer to NanoPi NEO/Air/NEO2's wiki site.
Only GND and 5V on the 12-Pin land are connected and the rest pins are open.
For more details on the 12-Pin connector refer to NanoPi NEO/Air/NEO2's wiki site.

Thank you. I missed that part of the Wiki.
I'll give this a go & see what happens. :)
ash2.jpg
ash2.jpg (196.74 KiB) Viewed 6305 times
Well, it worked. I attached two field-stripped USB devices to the NanoHat OLED, plugged it into a NanoPi motherboard, and enjoyed access to the two devices. Yay. I'll put together a tutorial someday.