Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Visual Studio 2017 : Menu
Tools > Options > Cross Platform > Connection Manager

R.PI (ARM) : Good
NanoPI Neo Plus2 (Unknown) : Error

It will not build because of (Unknown)

ps.
Error message :
Current project architecture 'ARM' is incompatible with the remote system architecture '' ('Unknown'). Please switch the project architecture to '' in Configuration Manager.
Are you trying to use the Raspberry Pi toolchain? That won't work, the Raspberry ARM CPU is quite different from the Nano Pi

You need to configure it to use the on board GCC build tools that are supplied on the Nano Pi

Just create a new project using one of the options apart from Blink, Console is a good start

If its the 1st time you've created a project it will ask you for the IP address, name(fa) and password(fa) of your target (make sure its connected to your PC or on your PC's network, and do ifconfig to get the IP)

if you already entered an IP address beforehand VS2017 is annoyingly stubborn about changing it, I think its bugged, or I have just not found the right way to give it other options

Just go to project properties and change the remote build machine IP details directly,

Or go to the Debug>Options>CrossPlatform>Connection Manager and delete all the connections, even if yours is there.. when you attempt to build it will ask you to re-enter the connection info for your target.

You will also need to make sure you have GDB on your Nano Pi (sudo apt-get install gdb) since it needs that to communicate with Visual Studio

Make sure you are using the Debug, ARM >IP address(ARM) configuration and all should be good.

Then its a simple case of build and run...keep a Linux console window open on your PC to see the output and build your project as normal..

hope this helps
Brian Beuken Thank you.

But same result.

I install GDB.
And I tried to create a new one...

Strange
I just set up a new project to do the exact thing and it worked no problem though on an M1, not the neo

I can't see the image you are posting, so not sure what is going wrong for you, you should be able to get the hello world console project to work.

send me your email in pm I'll contact you tomorrow (its late here and I have to go to bed, and we'll see what we can do to get you up and running)

A couple of questions though, how are you connecting your neo to your PC? You need to either have an ethernet cable attached to the PC or a router/switch that the PC connects to, or if using wifi your PC also needs to be on the same network.

since the neo has no display, you probably are connected via ssh? but if not try
sudo apt-get install openssh-server
sudo service ssh start
to make sure you have ssh

then sudo ifconfig to find the ip of the connection you use

If youve entered that into the config manager you need to check Project->properties>General to see what Remote build machine is being used. If you have a couple defined you can do a drop down menu on that option to select the correct IP

then just make sure you have a debug ARM 192.xxx.xxx.xx build target and hit the green arrow
I do actually have a nanopi neo, and worked out it has an ip address of 192.168.178.36 on my network, but frankly I have no idea how to log into it...I've never used a board with no graphics before.

if you can tell me how to log it in, I can probably help with the VS2017 issues, but until I can log in I can't seem to do anything at all.