Power & Source of Big Ideas

NEO Air AP webpage to set networking

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

When the Neo Air is placed in a product we need a way for the user to set up its Wi-Fi settings. They will not have access to the terminal to do this. Many other devices like this start in AP mode, and serve up a web page to setup the Wi-Fi. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction to do this?
mikemoy wrote:
When the Neo Air is placed in a product we need a way for the user to set up its Wi-Fi settings. They will not have access to the terminal to do this. Many other devices like this start in AP mode, and serve up a web page to setup the Wi-Fi. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction to do this?

This problem is manageable with Armbian. It provides two things by default:

- serial console via microUSB is enabled by default
- template for setting auto-wifi-connect https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/m ... t.template ... which you can find in /boot/ ...
I am looking for something a bit different. I need it to be an AP, then on another device I want to connect to it, and when i open its IP address in a browser I want it to show me all AP it sees so I can then choose the one I want and enter in the Wi-Fi password. Then what It should do is save that info, reboot and connect to that AP.
One solution would be a simple web server. Python + bottle + hostapd = fun.

You could use JavaScript as part of the solution, but you don’t have to.

Bottle will serve a simple website to port 80 (or whatever). You can write a Python script to generate the right webpage(s) to let the user configure hostapd.

If you want to show off ;) you could make the configuration into a captive portal.