Power & Source of Big Ideas

Second SPI device on NanoPi NEO Air

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to connect two SPI devices (SPI TFTs) to the NEO Air.
One device is working fine.
According to the pinout there is only one SPI interface on the AIR.
But I can activate a second SPI in the npi-config and it also appears:
/dev/spidev0.0
/dev/spidev1.0

Does anyone know what pins (MOSI, CLK, CS) I can use to communicate with that second SPI?

I am running Ubuntu. Kernel version is 4.14.111.

Thanks,
Greg
Did you ever get this to work?

Perhaps you could check out this: https://github.com/shapotkin/NanoPi_neo_double-spi
The NanoPi NEO Air has only one SPI device because of the limited number of pins on its small PCB. If you are interested in using multiple SPI devices on the board, you can check out our previous blog post about the dual-SPI feature on the NanoPi Neo2. But if you just want to use a second SPI device on a small footprint, you can read this article and follow along with the steps.
To get started, you first need to have these hardware components: ovo game
one micro SD card br> one computer with an administrator account br> one cross compiler (e.g., arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc) br> one Raspberry Pi 2 or another board with an armv7 processor br> one 5V power supply for your Raspberry Pi br> one USB cable A and B type (If you are using a Raspberry Pi 2 or other board with an ARMv7 CPU) br> A network cable (If you are using a Raspberry Pi 2 or other board with an ARMv7 CPU)
The steps described in this blog post are based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and buildroot 20170611. If you are working on another operating system or Linux distribution, please adjust accordingly.
Follow along with these step-by-step instructions to set up your own dual