Power & Source of Big Ideas

(SOLVED) HOW TO CLONE EMMC (NANOPI NEO CORE)

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

TRYING TO CLONE EMMC FROM ONE NEO CORE INTO ANOTHER.

I found this link below :

https://github.com/zador-blood-stained/fel-mass-storage

I still don't know if it works since i had to enter FEL MODE which i could not. maybe i am trying in a wrong way.

SO how could i get a clone EMMC of nanopi neo core (taking into consideration it might not have FEL mode)? but if it does then how to enter this mode?

and how to run this clone on another nanopi neo core?
FIRST you need to check where is the EMMC located :
in my case my EMMC was located at /dev/mmcblk1

1st method

Then follow these steps : note (if your emmc is 4 GBthen you might need a 8 GB sd card and so ..)

1- boot nanopi from emmc.
2- acces you nanopi through ssh from a pc (windows in my case)
3- plug a USB sdcard reader with sdcard bigger than your emmc.
4- dd if=/dev/mmcblk1 of=/dev/sdX bs=100M.
note /dev/sdX X is for your sdcard could be either a or b or whatever

after writing successfully on sd-card you could then put this sdcard on the other nanopi and flash it to emmc by dd command(dd if =/dev/sdX of=/dev/mmcblk1).

2nd method

if you want to take an image on your emmc and save it then flash it to another emmc:

1- boot the nanopi that you need to clone its emmc from sd card.
2- acces you nanopi through ssh from a pc (windows in my case: i use putty)
3-dd if=/dev/mmcblk1 of=backupEMMC.img bs=100M. (needs about 12 minutes) (it will read the image of emmc and save it as a file on the sd card storage)
4- now you can take this file image to your pc (if windows through winscp) but do not delete it from sd card.
5- to flash it into another emmc: a- put this sd card on the nanopi that you want
b- dd if=/backupEMMC.img of=/dev/mmclb1 bs=100M.