Power & Source of Big Ideas

Will NEO2 Black and ZeroPi overheat in a metal case?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

H3 is known to overheat easily. Someone warned me that H3 and H5 are going to need watercooling if I want to run CPU-intensive tasks for extended periods of time.

Although NEO2 Black can be bought with NEO/NEO2 Metal Case w/ heat sink and ZeroPi can be bought with a similar case, I worry that a metal heatsink case might not be enough to prevent overheating.

What are your direct experiences with heat management on H3 and H5 in such a metal case?
I have both and can confirm that, in my experience, there are no problems with the metal cases even when the CPU load is in excess of 4.0. The case does get a couple of degrees warmer but absolutely nothing I'd worry about. Happy to perform a stress test with the zeropi if you're still interested.
-- Ade
pieguy314 wrote:
I have both and can confirm that, in my experience, there are no problems with the metal cases even when the CPU load is in excess of 4.0. The case does get a couple of degrees warmer but absolutely nothing I'd worry about. Happy to perform a stress test with the zeropi if you're still interested.
-- Ade

Right now, I'm more interested in NanoPi R2S.