Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPi Neo Plus 2 cloning?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I need to program 30 NanoPi Neo Plus2 devices. I have one already programmed with Ubuntu 18.04 and other various libraries installed on it, so I was wondering if there is any way to "save" or "clone" this NanoPi to the 25 other ones that need to be set up in this same way using a micro sd card or some other method? So far I've been having to manually upgrade the pre-installed Ubuntu 16.04 (which takes a lot of time) and install the various programs and libraries needed on each one, so I was hoping to find a quicker way to do this. I'm pretty new to using NanoPi and sbc programming, so there may be a clear and obvious way to go about doing this that I don't know, so any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
mzepeda wrote:
I need to program 30 NanoPi Neo Plus2 devices. I have one already programmed with Ubuntu 18.04 and other various libraries installed on it, so I was wondering if there is any way to "save" or "clone" this NanoPi to the 25 other ones that need to be set up in this same way using a micro sd card or some other method? So far I've been having to manually upgrade the pre-installed Ubuntu 16.04 (which takes a lot of time) and install the various programs and libraries needed on each one, so I was hoping to find a quicker way to do this. I'm pretty new to using NanoPi and sbc programming, so there may be a clear and obvious way to go about doing this that I don't know, so any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Make your own image and deploy it:
https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guid ... ion-script
Can anyone help me by describing the "manual" process to update from 16.04 to 18.04? I have read https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-up ... -to-18-04/ but not sure if it applied to NanoPi Neo Plus 2. Thanks, Jon