Power & Source of Big Ideas

On / Off safe shutdown switch for NeoPlus2

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello everybody,

I'm looking to implement a hardware momentary button to safely power on and off my NeoPlus2.
On Raspberry Pi this is easily achieved by connecting the button to pins 5 and 6 and running a simple script.
Is it the same for the NanoPi?

Many thanks!
What kind of support forum is his?
3 times I needed some help and posted a thread.Never got a response. I'm out
gtj wrote:

Hmm - FriendlyARM does not much support on their forum :(
Most of the time a normal user does help the other user - but because this is no payed support you will only get help if another user could help you :(

Did you compare the pins against the RPi and try to use/convert the script by yourself?
guidol wrote:
gtj wrote:

Hmm - FriendlyARM does not much support on their forum :(
Most of the time a normal user does help the other user - but because this is no payed support you will only get help if another user could help you :(

Did you compare the pins against the RPi and try to use/convert the script by yourself?

Thank you very much for getting back. The only time I got a response in here, as you rightly say, it was by a fellow member (Igor).

I have 2 NanoPi NeoPlus2 and a NanoPC T4 and in all honesty I deeply regret buying them due to this unprecedented for this type of product lack of support! Needless to say it's the last time I buy anything from this brand. As far as I'm concerned even other fellow chinese makers like Orange Pi are a lot more active in the communities. On top of that, I have sent them a tech support question over a week ago and I haven't got any response!

I mean this is a very basic question: I asked if the Audio HAT (which is for NeoPus) is going to fit my NeoPlus2. They haven't bothered to answer!

This one, I asked something very common and easy for the manufacturer.
I want to add this software switch with this script to my NanoPi NeoPlus2
https://howchoo.com/g/mwnlytk3zmm/how-t ... spberry-pi

That's essentially bridging pins 5 & 6 which apparently are the same with RPi.
I don't know how to modify the script but the pins seem identical between the 2 boards.

Although my questions were addressed to the maker of the board and they were easy to answer, I have never got an official reply. Funnily in the 2nd case I wanted to buy something, a HAT.
They just don't bother.
gtj wrote:
This one, I asked something very common and easy for the manufacturer.
I want to add this software switch with this script to my NanoPi NeoPlus2
https://howchoo.com/g/mwnlytk3zmm/how-t ... spberry-pi

a button for safe shutdown should be possible fo the NeoPlus2 but no WakeUp,
because the NanoPi NeoPlus2 lacks (like the most SBCs than the RPi) the WAKE_ON_GPIO
function :(