Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, so forgive me for any unintended faux pas.

First off, I realize that this board is EOL for some time. That also means that a lot of distribution support is going away, case in point: Armbian.

Slackware has a reputation for supporting older hardware that is no longer being manufactured. Slackware also recently released it's first stable release in 6 years, which will get patches for many years to come.

I have a NanoPi NEO Core2 board that I still use for projects. I recently created a dedicated Internet-radio and music-player box with it. The Ethernet cable is hard-wired to the pins, and I added a 3.5mm audio jack as well. It runs slarm64 (an unofficial port of Slackware to aarch64 and other architectures) with no issues at all, and is very stable.

cerrado.jpg
cerrado.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
abierto.jpg
abierto.jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 6312 times

I am working on a stable release image for this board, however the ones I currently have up here:

https://slarmboards.3space.xyz/nanopi-neo-core2/

work just fine and can be set to either the stable (15.0) or development (-current) repositories, depending on your use case.

Adding the support for this board was not as hard as I expected. If you have a similar board that you would like to port slarm64 to, I might be able to help, but there are no guarantees. I was pleasantly surprised when I got this to work, quite honestly.

Anyway, I just wanted to post this here so that anyone else with this particular board has another OS option available to them.

Thanks for reading.