Power & Source of Big Ideas

Nanopi Neo 5102A HAT Infra Red Support

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

It appears that the 5102 HAT uses pin 6 GPIOL11 (363) of the nanopi for Infra Red purposes, like the allwinner H3 datasheet suggests.
However, I cannot get this to work with the matrix demo example. I changed the pin number in this example to the right value (from 203 to 363) but still no luck. The code does work when an infra red sensor is attached to pin gpioG11 (203). I double checked the fex file to see if the pin GPIOL11 was already used for other purposes,but it wasn't. Am I missing something? Please advise..
Djagab wrote:
It appears that the 5102 HAT uses pin 6 GPIOL11 (363) of the nanopi for Infra Red purposes, like the allwinner H3 datasheet suggests.
However, I cannot get this to work with the matrix demo example. I changed the pin number in this example to the right value (from 203 to 363) but still no luck. The code does work when an infra red sensor is attached to pin gpioG11 (203). I double checked the fex file to see if the pin GPIOL11 was already used for other purposes,but it wasn't. Am I missing something? Please advise..

Hi,
Please refer to the wiki which has detailed steps :
http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index. ... t_PCM5102A

thank you!
Thanks for your reply.
The wiki on the 5102A HAT does not show any info regarding the Infra Red, other than pin number 6. Which corresponds to the designated IR pin on the nano pi neo (Air). This is information I already know and does not answer my question: How to get the Infra Red sensor on the 5102A HAT working with the Matrix code example? Please advise........
Djagab wrote:

Hi,

I think the IR on the NanoHat PCM5102A is not from the NEO, but the PCM5102a chip, we have no driver for that, it's reserved for developping in the future.

Thank you

Mindee