Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPi Neo Air wake up from suspend?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello, I have a NanoPi Neo Air running the FriendlyCore Xenial 3.4.39_20171102 image. I can put the board into a suspend state using pm-suspend, but cannot wake it back up. Ideally I'd like to be able to wake it up using a GPIO pin as an input. Is this possible? I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you
SidDelicious wrote:
Hello, I have a NanoPi Neo Air running the FriendlyCore Xenial 3.4.39_20171102 image. I can put the board into a suspend state using pm-suspend, but cannot wake it back up. Ideally I'd like to be able to wake it up using a GPIO pin as an input. Is this possible? I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you

http://linux-sunxi.org/AR100

Try attached tool. I only have a binary - not my work - I could wake up a board via IR receiver or a button. Armbian with legacy kernel/Orangepi PC+

It must run on air as well.

Attachments

Thank you for the reply. I haven't been able to get this to work; I ran it as below and it just sits there after the last line. I get kicked off the ssh session if I type anything. I have an inline USB power meter on the board and the current never drops, and I can ping it successfully from another machine, so I don't believe it's going into suspend.

Code: Select all

sudo ./h3fakeoff -s -l PB16 -b PB15 -w 1
str2uint: PB16 -> 00000010
str2uint: PB15 -> 0000001f
do_it:1, config: 0x00011f10 (wol: 000000000000)
apply_foff: start

The Air doesn't have a switch that I know of, so I've got an external switch and LED on a breadboard connected to pins 23/24, and if I'm reading the schematic correctly PB16/PB15 should correspond. Doesn't look like it's getting that far though.
I believe I was mistaken - apparently there is a quick current drop, and based on uptime when I log back in I think it's actually rebooting the Air. Uptime shouldn't reset when waking up from suspend, I would think.
SidDelicious wrote:
I believe I was mistaken - apparently there is a quick current drop, and based on uptime when I log back in I think it's actually rebooting the Air. Uptime shouldn't reset when waking up from suspend, I would think.

https://h3droid.com/chat-with-us
Ping KotCzarny - he was playing with this tool and will be glad to help you out.
KotCzarny helped me out. The wakeup pin needs to be active low. Thanks!