Power & Source of Big Ideas

High speed UART on NanoPi-NEO

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello,

We need high-speed UART communication between computer (NanoPi-NEO connected to realtime board)
We have made some test with 115.200 bauds, but this is not as fast as we need.
We use UART1 with handshake, crossed with the realtime board.

How to work at higher speed ? (10x, 1,1152Mb for example would be nice)
    Is it mandatory to recompile kernel ?
    If so, what is the UART driver used on NanoPi-NEO ?
    (i suppose all UART of H3 use same driver ?)

Best regards,
Lucky
Hello,

How to work at higher speed ? (10x, 1,1152Mb for example would be nice)
Is it mandatory to recompile kernel ?
If so, what is the UART driver used on NanoPi-NEO ?
(i suppose all UART of H3 use same driver ?)

1. You can configure the UART speed,if you want to make sure what speed can be used,you can try these speeds:115200,230400,460800,actually i didn't try these steps anymore, i just can tell you how to do that.

2. You don't need to recompile the kernel ,to write a application can test directly.

3. The UART0 which used to be debug serial port and its speed is 115200.
jjm wrote:
1. You can configure the UART speed,if you want to make sure what speed can be used,you can try these speeds:115200,230400,460800,actually i didn't try these steps anymore, i just can tell you how to do that.

Can you please explain how to set e.g. 921600 bps on UART1? I'm unable to get anything above 115200 bps from it, using the default nanopi-neo ubuntu core...
JNev wrote:
jjm wrote:

Can you please explain how to set e.g. 921600 bps on UART1? I'm unable to get anything above 115200 bps from it, using the default nanopi-neo ubuntu core...

Hi,
UART1 is used as debug serial, you can modify commandline arguments to test. +bootargs console=ttyAMA0,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait init=/sbin/init systemd.show_status=false g_ether.host_addr=82:cf:ce:fa:44:18 console=tty1
I'm looking at a similar problem. Seems that UARTs only support a few baud rates, due to the the default clock divider settings APB2: https://github.com/friendlyarm/h3_liche ... art.c#L357

I posted in the bootloader section with the same question. Hoping to for a little help.

Thanks,
Leif