Power & Source of Big Ideas

CAM500 and /dev/video0

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Doing development for ml/vision tasks on neo air. But, struggling with access to CAM500 as dev/video0 from opencv/aruco utilities.
Using Ubuntu (sorry, I know this is Debian forum, but there is no Ubuntu forum).
Successfully built opencv and most of aruco.
mjpeg-streamer works, and ffmpeg creates mp4 file that I can view properly on host machine.
Have no problems with x forwarding on ssh (ssh -X root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) - properly runs, opens windows, etc. BUT displayed video looks like this:

CAM500.png
CAM500.png (7.61 KiB) Viewed 6620 times

Image window is responsive to change in presented images - just looks like X or opencv does not have the right format. AND aruco tools cannot find AR markers in it - and they can on other platforms.

Seems likely I am missing something in opencv access to this device or cam config - but I have not figured it out, and am running out of things to try.

Any help appreciated.

seth
Hi,
Which type camera do you use? CAM500A or CAM500B ?
CAM500B
I did resolve this problem by completely reinstalling opencv and all its required libs.