Power & Source of Big Ideas

MiniPCIe on NanoPi Duo

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I am trying to build a wifi mesh network for urban robotics and would like to use the nanopi duo for the meshnetworking algorithms. I saw that an option for purchasing the NanoPi Duo is the "Kingspec 64GB MiniPCIe mSATA Half-size SSD for Industrial (+$45.00)", while I don't want to purchase this SSD I would like to purchase this WiFi Transciever on Mouser

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Do ... LDdA%3d%3d

That uses a MiniPCIe. Does anyone have any experience doing anything similar? Is there any documentation you can point me towards?

Thanks in advance!
oneCuil wrote:
I am trying to build a wifi mesh network for urban robotics and would like to use the nanopi duo for the meshnetworking algorithms. I saw that an option for purchasing the NanoPi Duo is the "Kingspec 64GB MiniPCIe mSATA Half-size SSD for Industrial (+$45.00)", while I don't want to purchase this SSD I would like to purchase this WiFi Transciever on Mouser

But there will be firstly another problem: the WiFi-Card is MiniPCIe full lenght and the Mini-Shield-Board for the Duo
has one a free place for a half-szie MiniPICe-Card
See the Duo-Set at:
https://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?r ... uct_id=198

Or do you want to build your own shield-pcb?
oneCuil wrote:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Do ... LDdA%3d%3d

That uses a MiniPCIe. Does anyone have any experience doing anything similar? Is there any documentation you can point me towards?

Thanks in advance!

That is mSATA implementation only. Not mPCI
@guidol - Thanks for the response. I am planning on doing a custom PCB, I am mainly concerned with the schematic to get the Duo to communicate over MiniPCIe and not the physical size (unless there is a non-physical fit issue I am missing).

Thanks again,

Andy
oneCuil wrote:
@guidol - Thanks for the response. I am planning on doing a custom PCB, I am mainly concerned with the schematic to get the Duo to communicate over MiniPCIe and not the physical size (unless there is a non-physical fit issue I am missing).

Thanks again,

Andy

I am trying to build a wifi mesh network for Vidmate iTunes Notepad++ urban robotics and would like to use the nanopi duo for the meshnetworking algorithms. I saw that an option for purchasing the NanoPi Duo is the "Kingspec 64GB MiniPCIe mSATA Half-size SSD for Industrial (+$45.00)", while I don't want to purchase this SSD I would like to purchase this WiFi Transciever on Mouser
JAGITA wrote:
I would like to purchase this WiFi Transciever on Mouser

But it will not work.
igorp wrote:
JAGITA wrote:
I would like to purchase this WiFi Transciever on Mouser

But it will not work.

the user JAGITA does only copy questions from other users (like here from the Thread-opener "oneCuil")

JAGITA did this in 20 posts and did not wrote a own sentence - I did report him to FriendlyElec.