Power & Source of Big Ideas

Raspberry Pi Camera and NanoPC-T4

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,

I just purchased the NanoPC-T4 and I wanted to get it working with my existing Raspberry Pi V2 Cameras.

Will they work?

Has anyone tried them?

Also, Do you support your own cameras with Linux, or only Android?

Thanks.
On the software side it will require modifications to the kernel to work (like on the ASUS Tinterkboard) but on the hardware side it won't work because friendly arm went with a difference more lanes, smaller pitch FCC connector for the camera. It should be possible to adapt by designing a small PCB.
Hi jpiat.

Thanks for the reply. What are the different specs for the cables?

Perhaps I can build a hardware adapter like you suggest. I've read that the stock rk3399 kernel has started supporting the imx219 which is on the V2 pi cam.

I tried to look up the specs on the friendlyarm wiki but all it does is list the different pinouts, not a detailed cable spec.

This explains a lot! I tried to plug in the Pi camera V2 and sometimes I got a /dev/video0 and sometimes not. This explains the flakeyness!!!

Again, thanks in advance for your help! I love the board and want to build a stereo vision demo application!

If I buy two of your friendlyarm mipi cameras will it work with debian or ubuntu?
Are there any other cameras besides the CAM1320 that are compatible with the M4's MIPI-CSI port?