Power & Source of Big Ideas

Review video NanoPi M4

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello everybody.
I've finished my review video about the NanoPi M4.
I love the board, thank you.
Greetings, NicoD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgj9mR6Pl04
phpBB [video]
Thank you so much for this informative review. My wife's getting me one for Christmas to replace our Odroid as our NAS. You mentioned that there is an active project to bring games station to the RK3399 boards. I look forward to your more in depth videos. Do you know if there are any projects to bring Windows 10 (ARM version) to the RK 3399 chipset? It really seems to be the chipset all the developers are moving towards.
veveaucent wrote:
Thank you so much for this informative review. My wife's getting me one for Christmas to replace our Odroid as our NAS. You mentioned that there is an active project to bring games station to the RK3399 boards. I look forward to your more in depth videos. Do you know if there are any projects to bring Windows 10 (ARM version) to the RK 3399 chipset? It really seems to be the chipset all the developers are moving towards.

Hi. You're going to be happy with it. I've got a lot of SBC's. But with all of them there's always something I don't like about it.
This one is different. Great heatsink, incredible performance, stable, ...
The software is mature too. I have not heard of anyone running Windows 10 on a RK3399, but it should be possible.
I'll look into it, if it's possible on a RPI then it's possible on a RK3399. Somebody is going to have to write drivers for it.

The more people who buy an RK3399 board, the better the software will be. That's the good thing of having so many different RK3399 boards.
Greetings
Hi. You're going to be happy with it. I've got a lot of SBC's. But with all of them there's always something I don't like about it.
This one is different. Great heatsink, incredible performance, stable, ...
The software is mature too. I have not heard of anyone running Windows 10 on a RK3399, but it should be possible.
I'll look into it, if it's possible on a RPI then it's possible on a RK3399. Somebody is going to have to write drivers for it.

The more people who buy an RK3399 board, the better the software will be. That's the good thing of having so many different RK3399 boards.
Greetings

Yeah the drivers are what I was wondering about as Linux drivers are not compatible. RPI just got a stable system with USB drivers (no ethernet or wifi yet) last month. This is of course due to the RPIs large community taking on projects like this. The board itself is not very suitible for Windows 10 as even with appropriate drivers / optimization it will run slow. I've already ordered fans, thermal paste and copper shims to take care of the thermal issues on the Neo4/M4 :cry: I'm just waiting for a SATA HAT to be released before I place my order. Fingers crossed I won't be waiting too long.