Power & Source of Big Ideas

bluetooth not working

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi, I am unable to get bluetooth to work - If I use bluetoothctl, things seem ok - power is on, etc, but it cant detect anything. Even hcitool is not returning anything and rfkill isnt blocking anything

I dont see any error messages in dmesg, does anyone have bluetooth working on the M4?

Thanks.
We probably should turn to wizards or magicians to find out the details of your problem ...
What kind of operating system?
Which version?
Is there a graphical shell?
If you are not ready to provide more detailed data to help you, then put Armbian, nothing will work there either, but this is the standard way out.

Moreover, why every time everyone creates a new topic ??? After all, there are threads on the forum with similar questions.
pavelectric wrote:
We probably should turn to wizards or magicians to find out the details of your problem ...
Which version?
If you are not ready to provide more detailed data to help you, then put Armbian, nothing will work there either, but this is the standard way out.

Moreover, why every time everyone creates a new topic ??? After all, there are threads on the forum with similar questions.

Armbian has fixed Bluetooth if you build on your own and after this work gets merged: https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/1423
igorp, thanks for the reply.
Just most people want to have a finished product in the form of an operating system image.
And with the RK3399 everything is not at all clear. No one can make a GOOD BASE version for a long time.
What is the reason I don’t know, but I see the 3399 as a buggy chip that the same Hardkernel refused, and they did it for a reason.
And the near future is visible for S922 or A311 chips.
pavelectric wrote:
Which version?

Apologies for what seems to have ticked you off. I am running the friendly core Image from 0610. I had the same experience on the 0511 image well. I am only booting into cmd shell, no ui.

As for searching, I don't find it too user friendly, as it requires too many terms and it never finds anything, at least in my experience.
pavelectric wrote:
igorp, thanks for the reply.
Just most people want to have a finished product in the form of an operating system image.
And with the RK3399 everything is not at all clear. No one can make a GOOD BASE version for a long time.
What is the reason I don’t know, but I see the 3399 as a buggy chip that the same Hardkernel refused, and they did it for a reason.
And the near future is visible for S922 or A311 chips.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with this chip. Development takes time - it usually takes around 2 years to get some (simpler than this) silicon on the (stable) levels you expect. Have some mainline support etc ... while boards are getting more complicated and speaking for people around Armbian, less and less time + just a few % of R&D costs are covered - by FA, Orangepi, Olimex. You can't push people that invest mainly their own time to get things fixed. Join and become a part of problem solvers ... this is the only way to get things done faster.

Hardkernel ditched their product due to raising memory costs and also perhaps because they didn't want to join/co-support development for this RK3399 wagon. Just a few board makers have strong development. FriendlyARM, Hardkernel, Pine64 have engineers working a lot on those, other less, some almost none or very minimal. But they sell very similar boards ... and waits that things gets moved up. If you rush with development too much and your sales sucks, you can easily directly support competition R&D. At least Armbian doesn't have problems of this kind - its complicated.
okay i got it. Thanks for the post mcdvoice