Power & Source of Big Ideas

10" LCD display for T4

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

The Friendly Elec do not have FHD IPS 10" display in their display list.
If I want to interface other display to this board, How to do it?
Can I find a display with matching connector? preferably MIPI?
Newhaven have a 10.1" IPS LCD with 700 cd brightness but you will have to design your own PCB to interface to it and modify u-boot and the kernel.

https://www.newhavendisplay.com/nhd1011 ... -9541.html

It can be done as I just completed a PCB and kernel changes to interface the Nano PC T3 Plus RGB LCD interface to the LVDS interface of the 7" Newhaven display. Plugs directly input the RGB interface on the Nano PC T3 Plus board. I modified u-boot and uImage to support the timing. Display is way better brightness wise that the HD702 I was using. Resolution is lower but still very clear on the 7" size. Sunlight readable is a big boost for this desgin.

The T4's interface is LVDS already so you just need the hardware and software to drive the backlight and a connector for the LCD cable. Not sure where to get the cables for this but they do like like a standard type.
@v8dave

Thanks a lot for your reply!
I checked the website of Newhaven but the resolution of a 10.1" display is less (1024x600).
I am looking for a 1920x1200 resolution display.

Can you suggest a few good quality Display makers (website link)?

Since I am new to interfacing peripherals to an android board, can you share me guide/webpage that explains the required efforts in hardware and software?

in Hardware: Yes Pin map needs to be matched for board and display. are there any ready boards for this in LVDS or MIPI?
In software: Yes. Timing needs to be aligned to interface a new display. Can you give me an example of what all need to be done for this?
For software, have a search for LCDS.C in both u-boot and the kernel. It is pretty easy to see how this works when you study that code. You basically add your LCD to this and work out how to detect it in u-boot which then passes the LCD name to the kernel and you select the same settings in there.

Hardware is a bit more work. A 1920x1080 will have to be LVDS at that resolution and frequency and I have not seen any 10.1" at that resolution. FA has an 11.6" LCD which is the same resolution and hooks up to the T4 via the eDP interface or is that too big?
Hello.

Please I need your support just telling me if the NanoPC-T4 Screen that I bought Works with Ambian Universal Operating System?

I have like a 1 month trying to see the Desktop version in this Screen, and I can´t see nothing. It is not Compatible Armbiam with this "7inch eDP LCD Display with Cap-Touch (HD702E) (+$39.99)"

thank you.
cbodington wrote:
Hello.

Please I need your support just telling me if the NanoPC-T4 Screen that I bought Works with Ambian Universal Operating System?

I have like a 1 month trying to see the Desktop version in this Screen, and I can´t see nothing. It is not Compatible Armbiam with this "7inch eDP LCD Display with Cap-Touch (HD702E) (+$39.99)"

thank you.

If it does not work, them the Armbian kernel does not have the timing for that display. You will need to modify the bootloader and the kernel to add this display.