Power & Source of Big Ideas

Wire connector for NEO4

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

The NEO4 packs a bunch of signals on a Harwin connector with male pins. I can find the matching connector but they only come in board-mount style. Has anyone found a way to get to the signals on the connector by using a wire plug? The Harwin wire assemblies all have a notch at the middle which prevents them from plugging in.

So from what I see, I have two choices if I want to get to these signals 1) build a cape/shield/hat or whatever buzzword is used for refer to the daughtercard that will have to sit on top of the NEO4, or 2) use the wire connectors and cut the notch and in the process losing polarity.

Has anyone found another way to get to these signals, or is there a ready-made daughtercard that one can buy?
If you can make a PCB, then do this and use JLCPCB to get them made. If you've not used them before, a 100x100 board, 5 off is $2 plus shipping. Excellent service. I use them all the time to make small boards like you need. 2 layer should be more than enough. 4 layer is still cheap too.

PS. I don't work for them or get any commission. Just a very happy customer.