Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPI M4 Hardware Features?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,

I am considering buying a M4 + Sata Hat for building a NAS.

Since I already had several ARM devices (RPi3, ReadyNAS RN104) which all are missing standby:
Does the M4 offer standby?

And regarding the SATA Hat: It delivers Sata 6 Gbps. But what PCIe Standard is brought by the M4? Is it all Software / Firmware?
We've got 4x Sata but only 2x PCIe. So there is no way 4x6 Gps fit into 2x PCIe, regardless which version.
Does multiplexing of 4xSata into 2x PCIe work fine?

thanks
I found the specs of the marvel 88se9215 which say, that it uses a single PCIe 2.0 lane and thus is limited to 500MB/s (5Gb/s) which is less than the speed of a single SATA-3 channel. There are variants which use 2 lanes but looks like Friendlyarm saved on costs...
JPT wrote:
Hi,

Since I already had several ARM devices (RPi3, ReadyNAS RN104) which all are missing standby:
Does the M4 offer ome.tv standby?

And regarding the SATA Hat: It delivers Sata 6 Gbps coomeet But what PCIe Standard is brought by the M4? Is it all Software / Firmware?
We've got 4x Sata but only 2x PCIe. So there is no way 4x6 Gps fit into 2x PCIe, regardless which version.

thanks

thank you soo much.
JPT wrote:
Hi,

Since I already had several tamilplay 2023 ARM devices (RPi3, ReadyNAS RN104) which all are missing standby:
Does the M4 offer standby?

And regarding the SATA Hat: It delivers tamilkolly Sata 6 Gbps. But what PCIe Standard is brought by the M4? Is it all Software / Firmware?

thanks

I found the specs of the 88se9215 marvel that say it uses a solitary PCIe 2.0 lane and thus is limited to 500MB/s (5Gbps), which isn't exactly the speed of a solitary SATA-3 channel. There are variations that use 2 paths but seems to be Friendlyarm saved money on cost.