Power & Source of Big Ideas

ANY HDMI-CEC working distro ?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I'm a little bit confused. I have tried almost all distributions i've found, and some kernels are compiled without HDMI-cec support, some (LibreElec) could detect HDMI-CEC but it does not function properly. (cec_transmit always returns ENONET). I'm not familiar with CEC, so i'm searching for working kernel or probably DTB with correct clocks. Could anyone point me to correct direction ?
I have the same problem. Baught a Nanopi-M4 (not the V2-version). Several tries with distros Ambian and lubuntu. Additional installation of cec and cec-utils. With "cec-client -l" there can no cec be found.
Additional try with libreelec shows the correct loading of cec-parts, but no cec-hardware can be found.
Searching in the datashest of the M4-board shows that cec is implemented in the hardware. The signal goes from the HDMI-connector stright through ESD-Protection IC and a levelshifter transistor to Pin AD7 of the CPU RK3399.
For that cec has to be functional in theory.
I hope the designers of that board have an explanation.
On the other side the M4 has some advantages like RTC, emmc, cpu on the backside. But also some disadvantages.. no functional cec, no boot from usb.
Because there was no reaction of the supporters till today, I have contacted the technical support directly per email to draw attention to that thread here. Looking forward if there comes an answer..
I think the friendlyarm-support should be do more customer-oriented, because we -as customers -have decided to buy SBC from friendlyarm instead an raspi-pi. The raspi doesn' t have any problems concerning CEC..
Just a thought. These boards are sold for development and you get the source code for them so why not compile in the CEC support that you need?

I've spent many weeks in doing that very thing with Android to add GPIO, I2C and SPI without needing access to the platform keys. I am not there with SPI as yet, but GPIO and I2C are working fine.