Power & Source of Big Ideas

MCAM400(ov4689) CSI camera info

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

good day

I got a pair of this cams and start to making some test. I will write to this post most important things and answer your question if your have some ;)

cameras have a lot of limitations, some of them, hopefully, can be fixed in software.
    - it's 16:9 wide angle camera(it's a feature);
    - while ov4689 sensor have extremely fast video rate(1920x1080x120fps), camera itself doesn't;
    - stereo-camera mode doesn't work now(under ubuntu). only one camera in time is working;
    - armbian and avafinder linux don't support camera for now, so only friendlyArm ubuntu is usable(build from 2018/12);
    - NV12 camera format used at present moment

to use camera from OpenCV:

1) GST:

Code: Select all

cv::VideoCapture capture(" rkisp device=/dev/video0 sensor-id=1 io-mode=4 path-iqf=/etc/cam_iq/ov4689.xml ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=672,height=380,framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert ! appsink", cv::CAP_GSTREAMER);

simple screenshot from OpenCV test on NanoPi M4/sdcard you can find in attachment

Unfortunately, framerate can't be changed and it's always 30fps)

upd: as toborobot mention below, camera IQ file was renamed from rk-ov4689.xml to ov4689.xml in Ubuntu Bionic(18.04).
upd2: in ubuntu 20.04 path to IQ file changed again - /etc/iqfiles/ov4689_JSD3425-C1_JSD3425-C1.xml

Attachments

Also waiting for the data of the camera. Coming soon.
Of course it's interesting to try a speed of over 30FPS.
I think the Chinese will celebrate the new year and continue to work on optimizing the Linux operating system.
Moreover, kernel 4.20 has already been launched (I tried the build for "DEV"), it works, but many devices have not yet been written.
As the camera arrives, we will definitely try its work.

to use camera from OpenCV:

This code is below. How does it start? From the terminal or is it the syntax for the program?
So to say the question from the "kettle" - where does it all run? )))

Sincerely, Pavel.
pavelectric wrote:
Of course it's interesting to try a speed of over 30FPS.

Can't get over 30 fps :(

OpenCV- it's C++ lib. Also have bindings for Python, etc - but settings correct for all of them
This code not working for new release of ubuntu 18.04 (no file rk_ov4689.xml). There is no rk_ov4689.xml. But there is ov4689.xml.
this version works with opencv :
cv2.VideoCapture(" rkisp device=/dev/video0 io-mode=4 path-iqf=/etc/cam_iq/ov4689.xml ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=1280,height=720,framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert ! appsink", cv2.CAP_GSTREAMER)
toborobot wrote:
This code not working for new release of ubuntu 18.04 (no file rk_ov4689.xml). There is no rk_ov4689.xml. But there is ov4689.xml.

Thank you. I update code in topic.

upd: in Ubuntu 20.04 cam_iq filename/path was changed again.