Power & Source of Big Ideas

FriendlyWRT sysupgrade ?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I'm a new owner of R4S 4gb. I can see that a new firmware image is released every month. The problem is that the image is only for SD card. And there is no changelog.
Are there any plans for adding the sysupgrade feature?
Are there any plans to make this board officially supported by openwrt?

Thanks!
mandgeo wrote:
Are there any plans to make this board officially supported by openwrt?

This you need to ask OpenWRT folks.
Starting with OpenWRT 21.02 there was a new target tree added, named "rockchip". R2S was already added to the rockchip tree on OpenWrt, meaning for the R2S there will be a official OpenWRT build.. that then also could be upgraded using the sysupgrade command on the terminal.

FriendlyWRT is the OpenWRT firmware with heavy tweaks and modifications. There are no "kmod-..." addons to support specific hardware via kernel mods. They also heavily rely on docker for some reason. FriendlyWRT could not be more far away from OpenWrt. With OpenWrt you start with a tiny base and add all the stuff you need and not anyhing more.

I wish Friendlyarm could release their source codes to all their FriendlyWrt versions so the community could work out support for the official openwrt.