Hi All!
I just recently picked up an M4 at a good price while looking for an R2S or C, and I was thinking of using it with FriendlyWRT on my network as a Squid server between my cable modem and network.
I have a 200MB feed from WOW! that actually gets me around 220-230 download speeds.
I was thinking that a USB 3.0 GB NIC added to the M4 along with the integrated GB NIC would be able to handle more than my feed, and maybe even if I upgrade to a 500 MB feed at some point.
I'm looking to help cut down my bandwidth usage a little if I can with the Squid server caching, since I have multiple windows and Linux machines and always updating them is a redundant download issue. I also WFH a lot so I'd like to avoid hitting my WOW monthly bandwidth cap.
To do this I have the M4, the USB 3.0 GB NIC, and a 50GB mSATA card on a SATA adapter with a USB 3.0 connection for the cache. I'm considering getting an eMMC 16GB card for the OS.

So is this a feasible good use of the M4 or is there a downside that I am not seeing?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.