Power & Source of Big Ideas

How-TO boot from SD-Card?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi

I have a NanoPC T4-2108

I flashed on SDCard the LibreELEC image

I never boot LibreELEC

Always some Android version from eMMC startup.

How-to boot LibreELEC?

Thank you
Hello,
To boot LibreELEC from an SD card on your NanoPC T4-2108, you need to follow these steps:

1. Insert the SD card: Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on your NanoPC T4-2108 board.

2. Access the boot menu: Power on or reboot your NanoPC T4-2108. During the boot process, you need to access the boot menu to select the SD card as the boot device. The specific key combination or method to access the boot menu may vary depending on your device. Commonly, you can try pressing the Del or F12 key repeatedly after powering on the board to access the boot menu.

3. Select the SD card as the boot device: Once you are in the boot menu, use the arrow keys to navigate and select the SD card as the boot device. The SD card might be listed as the name of the SD card manufacturer or the specific model of the SD card.

4. Save and exit: After selecting the SD card as the boot device, save the changes and exit the boot menu. The NanoPC T4-2108 will now attempt to boot from the SD card.

5. Boot into LibreELEC: If everything is set up correctly, the NanoPC T4-2108 should now boot into LibreELEC from the SD card. It may take a few moments for the boot process to complete.
How to boot the NanoPC-T4 from a MicroSD card instead of eMMc.

1. Power down the T4 properly, and insert a MicroSD containing an image appropriate for the T4:
https://www.friendlyelec.com/index.php? ... ation_id=7

2. Look at the board carefully and consult this diagram:

https://cdn.cnx-software.com/wp-content ... sy=1&ssl=1

3. Find the two USB ports next to each other, as a reference point.

4. On the next edge are two buttons: recovery and boot.

5. Press the boot button, apply power to the board.

6. Now press the power key (located near the MicroSD slot).

7. Wait for 5+ seconds and release.

8. It will boot from the MicroSD card (just tested it on my T4 (will be finalizing a review soon)).

Enjoy. The NanoPC-T4 is a fine piece of technology.