Power & Source of Big Ideas

DPKG Frontend Lock Error

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

I am getting this error while installing opencv on PI M4. I have a Friendly Core and I am following the Wiki Steps given.

Any ideas on solution ?
Thanks
you probably have unattended-upgrades installed. To verify :

Code: Select all

systemctl cat unattended-upgrades.service

If so, then you just have to wait until this process have finish its current upgrade ;)
rvalvekar wrote:
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

I am getting this error while installing opencv on PI M4. I have a Friendly Core and I am following the Wiki Steps given.

Any ideas on solution ?
Thanks

If you try to make install ewerything, try to do so:
for example:
sudo apt-get install gnome-disk-utility:arm64
sebt3 wrote:
you probably have unattended-upgrades installed. To verify :

Code: Select all

systemctl cat unattended-upgrades.service

If so, then you just have to wait until this process have finish its current upgrade ;)

Thanks..
rvalvekar wrote:
Thanks..

got this also on some new installations of armbian ;)

try
ps -ef|grep apt

If there is only the task of this command for apt then you could apt again - if there is more you should wait to let the installation be completed.