Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPi Neo4 + Docker

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello,

Did anyone managed to run Docker? FriendlyElec's kernel doesn't provide support for overlayfs.

Armbian is not an option for this board either. For now they don't support neither wifi AP6212, nor MIPI camera.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
sas wrote:
FriendlyElec's kernel doesn't provide support for overlayfs.
Any ideas?

you may try to take friendlyElec image (https://github.com/friendlyarm/sd-fuse_rk3399) and build kernel with support for overlays
Armbian supports Docker OOB.

Wifi works on M4 and MIPI camera support should also work since we use the same kernel (default images) with a few fixes.
igorp wrote:
MIPI camera support should also work since we use the same kernel (default images) with a few fixes.

it's not working, since RkISP and both camera sensor drivers, which can be used with NanoPi T/M/Neo 4 (ov13xx and ov46xx) disabled by default. (so user need to recompile kernel).

the bigger problem with camera config and acceess them from application (looks like friendlyelec modify rockchip code for gstreamer, for example, but not shared it)
ayaromenok wrote:
igorp wrote:
MIPI camera support should also work since we use the same kernel (default images) with a few fixes.

it's not working, since RkISP and both camera sensor drivers, which can be used with NanoPi T/M/Neo 4 (ov13xx and ov46xx) disabled by default. (so user need to recompile kernel).

the bigger problem with camera config and acceess them from application (looks like friendlyelec modify rockchip code for gstreamer, for example, but not shared it)

I hope that's all
https://github.com/armbian/build/commit ... b3207c0f71

Thank you!

It's few more tricks with gstreamer to get something from MIPI camera - but I manage to get a picture from it with Armbian (with wrong colors for now). Also some native camera sensor resolution missing in config cifisp.dtsi.

I want to make additional evaluation/tests and make step-by-step instruction.